Segregation Chart for Load, Transport, Storage
In this table a statement is contained for each hazard class whether the loading, transport or storage with other hazard classes is allowed, is not permitted or is restricted. The table is based on U.S.-Code 49 CFR §177.848.
Packages with POISON or POISON INHALATION HAZARD labels, or a POISON label displaying “PG III,” or “PG III” marked next to a POISON label may not be transported with foodstuffs, feed or any other edible material, intended for humans or animals. For exceptions see 49 CFR §177.841(e)
There are no restrictions with hazardous materials, as pointed out in the instructions for using the Segregation Table (see 49 CFR §177.848(e)
). But please, refer to following requirements in 49 CFR §177 Subpart B (Loading and Unloading)
- §177.834 - General requirements
- §177.835 - Class 1 materials
- §177.837 - Class 3 materials
- §177.838 - Class 4 (flammable solid) materials, Class 5 (oxidizing) materials, and Division 4.2 (pyroforic liquid) materials.
- §177.839 - Class 8 (corrosive) materials
- §177.840 - Class 2 (gases) materials
- §177.841 - Division 6.1 and Division 2.3 materials
- §177.842 - Class 7 (radioactive) material
- §177.843 - Contamination of vehicles.